Sunday, November 4, 2012

Let the fun begin!

Well, it looks like I am ready to take my first blogging baby steps!  I have been talking about it with my friends and family for a while now so here we go.

Welcome!

Parts of a Book Lesson

This week I was given the opportunity to go back into a kindergartn classroom and teach a lesson! (Squeal!) Not only was I so excited to go back into the classroom, but I felt like I had put together a great lesson with what I thought was a "minor" assessment at the end.  The kinders did a great job listening and participating in the lesson, but when it came time for them to show me what they had learned, things started to get a little messy, literally, there was cutting and gluing involved!

After my teacher friend returned to her room, she helped me get everyone's labels in the right place.  Boy was I embarrassed! We decided the two major hang ups were the small labels and their inability to read the words. (My lesson was all orally presented!) Not being the kind of person to accept defeat, I asked my teacher friend if I could come back next week and try it again...she accepted!

So, on my commute my wheels were turning (on my van and in my brain!), and I decided I needed to turn this into a song.  My previous classes could remember things a lot better if we sang them.

Without further ado, I would like to present my newest TPT product...
Parts of a Book Pack-CCSS-Aligned

 
                                   (not sure why I can't get the title to load...bummer!)

 
I promise to return soon with pictures and commentary about how this lesson goes...wish me luck!

Have you ever had a lesson not go as well as you thought it should?  Hopefully I am not alone on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment